- Boards & Commissions
- Economic Development Commission
- EDC Funding
- Business Improvement Grants
Business Improvement Grants
BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT GRANTS AVAILABLE. APPLY TODAY!
Available Grants of up to $3,000 for Qualified Applicants. Apply Now Through September 30, 2022*
Buildings and commercial spaces are the most important physical component of any business district, economically, functionally, and aesthetically. Better aesthetics increase property values, improve the marketability of space within the buildings and draw business and residents to the area.
In support of the City's Economic Development Commission's (EDC) mission to support local businesses and boost the local economy, the Business Improvement Grant Program has been established. The object of this grant is for the ECD to partner with its businesses and commercial property owners to improve store fronts and façade.
Diversification and adaptation are key to business success and the EDC would like to participate with local businesses on this strategy; therefore, "Business Improvement" under this program is a no holds barred approach to economic development where the needs and ides of a business can be met with the resources to implement.
While the below list is not exhaustive, examples of improvements that could be funded under this grant are:
- Façade Improvements - signs, visual treatments (paint, stucco, windows, etc.), awnings, landscaping, non-movable decorative items.
- Technical Assistance - web design, virtual storefronts, subscriptions to online payment services (one-time initial payment only), technology used to capture images of products, items used in the shipping of products.
- Manufacturing - tools, equipment and items used in the manufacturing, compounding, or development of products.
- Business Fixtures - tables and chairs used to expand the number of seats available at a restaurant, retail display items used to better market materials, display lighting, point of sale machines
Auburn EDC Funding Policy
How to Apply...
2 Easy Ways to Apply
Email the completed EDC Business Improvement Application to email@example.com
Bring the completed EDC Business Improvement Application to Room 3 of the Auburn City Hall building during normal business hours
September 30, 2022 @ 4 PM
*Grant requests received after 4 PM on September 30, 2022 will be considered late and will not be accepted
Grant funds must be used on or before February 1, 2023